We are pleased to announce that NZGRC 2022 will be held at Massey University, Wellington on 29-30 August 2022, following GeoCart which will be held at the end of the previous week, also in Wellington.
The conference theme is finding our way to an open world. The past two years have seen increased restrictions on physical movement around the world, but also increased need for cross-border, cross-discipline and cross-domain data access, use, analysis and visualisation to address the many challenges facing our world, including COVID19, climate change and increased global inequity.
Geospatial data is essential for adequate management of many of these contemporary challenges, and this conference will bring together geospatial researchers from around New Zealand and the region to share the latest research. We invite researchers at all career levels to get involved, and look forward to seeing you in Wellington in August 2022. The conference is not limited to academic researchers – we also welcome contributions from Crown Research Institutes, government and the private sector, on innovative work that focuses on geospatial aspects of data, analysis, systems or products.
We invite submissions on topics addressing all aspects of geospatial science, GIS and geoinformatics, from geography, surveying, cartography, social science and computing perspectives, including applications, theory and underlying systems aspects.
Particular topics of relevance to the conference theme include:
- Open geodata, crowdsourcing and VGI;
- Open source geospatial applications;
- Geospatial projects and applications that are cross-border, cross-disciplinary, cross-sector, cross-organisational;
- Addressing the multiple challenges of geospatial data integration to maximise data openness;
- Geospatial projects and applications that rely on an open approach to data sharing, addressing such topics as covid and climate change.
We invite submission of:
- Full papers (up to 8000 words). Accepted papers will be published in a Springer book in conjunction with full papers from the GeoCart 2022 conference.
- Short papers (up to 2500 words). Accepted short papers will be published in an appropriate online repository.
- Posters (1 x A0 sheet). Accepted posters will be published in an appropriate online repository.
- Lightning talks (5 mins). Submit an abstract of 250-300 words.
- Workshop proposals.
- Deadline for full papers –
25th March extended deadline 14th April.
- Notification of decision on full papers –
22nd April 3rd May.
- Deadline for workshop proposals –
up to 10th May(submissions may be made prior to this time, and outcome will be given within 2 weeks of submission).
- Deadline for short papers and poster abstracts –
20th Mayextended to 1st June
- Deadline for lightning talk abstracts –
27th Mayextended to 13th June.
- Notification of decision on short papers, poster abstracts and lightning talk abstracts- 25th June
- Early bird registration –
30th June18th July
- Revised short papers due – 15th July
- Conference date – 29-30 August