The Northern Regional Council is offering summer studentships in the following areas:
- Freshwater Ecology (2 positions) – assist in ecological monitoring of rivers and streams, freshwater fish monitoring, macroinvertebrate sampling and more.
- Coastal Monitoring – assist in plan and conduct assessments of dune health, monitoring of marine plastic and litter, intertidal shellfish survey and ecological assessments of Northland’s estuaries.
- Compliance Monitoring – varied role predominantly monitoring water bores and assisting with water sampling and collecting data.
- Investment Property -learning about large scale commercial property management and Health and Safety requirements for contractor management.
- Marine Biosecurity – assisting with the annual hull surveillance programme, lab work, in-water survey, community engagement events.
Click here for more details.